If you ever need to change the hostname of an existing munin node, and you want to retain the existing historical data, follow this procedure:
- Disable or comment out the munin-cron job. On a RHEL or CentOS system, this is typically contained in /etc/cron.d/munin
- Replace the existing hostname entry in munin.conf with the new hostname.
- Rename the existing RRD sub-directory and files.
cd /var/lib/munin mv oldhost newhost cd newhost rename oldhost newhost oldhost*.rrd
- Remove the old HTML directory:
rm -rf /var/www/html/munin/oldhost
- Enable or uncomment out the munin-cron job to restart the service.